In memory of a killer year (and nine times the viewership from 2016!), see below for a list of the top appetizer recipes from 2017.
Top Appetizer Recipes is a compilation of the most loved appetizer recipes of 2017.
10. Chicken and Waffle Bites with honey & sriracha.
9. Yellow Tomato Pico de Gallo – the best way to eat your yellow tomatoes.
8. Chive and Onion Dip with dry ingredients for quick prep.
7. Loaded Sweet Potato Fries – a tribute to my new website, paired with a champagne cocktail.
6. Easy Guacamole uses the best tool for smashing avocado: the muddler.
4. Old Bay Fries – a fry recipe in honor of my New England heritage.
3. Gender Reveal Mocktails using Crystal Light lemonade packets and herbs.
2. Marinara Goat Cheese Dip – it’s all about the one-pan skillet for this hot dip!
1. Burrata Cheese Board paired with watermelon, prosciutto and pistachios.
Top Appetizer Recipes reminisces on year 2017.
The year of the dog.
2018 is here! As I look back on 2017, I look back on the best year yet. Personally, it was the year of the dog. We rescued Indy from the Anti-Cruelty Society on July 20 and our two person family was never the same. We feel in love with his stubby legs, (sometimes) pointy ears, dreamy brown eyes and playful personality. He is our forever cuddle bug.
*Indy Draco Rhodus enjoying his favorite teddy bear.
My sister had a baby!
We also welcomed a new member of the Jolly family and I became an Auntie in December! Michaela Carol is named after her grandmother and is as cute as can be. She has steel blue eyes, cheeks for days and is growing every day.
*Michaela Carol Browning wearing her “All About My Aunt” onesie.
Planning our moon of honey to Thailand.
In other news, E and I have been planning our honeymoon to Thailand and we can’t believe we’ll be there in 4 months time! Umm, beautiful beaches, elephants, amazing food and a complete new culture – I can’t wait to share!
Loved being a part of your menu’s with The Jolly Hostess original, quick and simple recipes.
All in all, my writing, recipe development and you have been a HUGE part of 2017. The Jolly Hostess is progressing and I’ve created a niche around easy appetizers, dips and cocktails (and bubbly!). I hope you agree! The blog is here for all you busy hosts and hostesses and I’ve got big plans for the coming year.
My besties and forever food & champagne inspo, Liz & Meg, on our trip to Europe this year.
A few of the other faves from 2017:
- Local jewelry brand, Trending Above, where I found my bridal earrings. LOVE!
- Change.org, where I signed a petition to ban Trophy Hunting for Elephants.
- My wine/champagne glass cleaner to avoid breakage from wish (they are the pink and yellow ones!).
- Tableware brand, Rosanna, for witty celebration pieces. And this champagne trinket tray that made my 2017 Holiday Gift Guide.
- Drinking Francis Coppola posh Sofia Blanc de Blanc Mini sparkling wine cans with a straw.
- Archer and cracking up at the asshole you love to hate (if you haven’t seen it, it is a raunchy carton that Elin always watches and now I can’t get enough!).
- Super easy Trader Joe’s spiralized carrots to replace pasta when you need a break from carbs.
- Tervis tumblers to keep fresh herbs in the fridge. Simply fill half way with water, put in herb stems and cover with a plastic bag. Herbs lasted at least two weeks longer.
Onto 2018! Thanks for reading, loves.
If you love this post, follow this link to get #thejollyhostess recipes right in your inbox.